Many of us are looking to lose ten pounds fast, and many diet gurus claim to have the answer. If you are itching to shed those unwanted pounds it can be down quickly. There are many crash diets that promise to help you lose vast amounts of weight quickly, but many are unhealthy and can damage your body. The best way to lose weight and keep it off no matter what the amount that you are trying to lose, is to do the old fashioned way, with exercise and diet. Here are some helpful tips to lose weight the safe way.
1. Eat breakfast. While it may seem that skipping breakfast is a smart way of eliminating some excess calories from your day, it actually is a true metabolism killer! Eating first thing in the morning will shake your body awake, and out of overnight fasting (hence the word break-fast). Now that your metabolism is awake, it is ready to burn those calories. A good breakfast also keeps you satisfied and going until lunchtime, without feeling those 10 a.m. cravings, at which time many people make bad sugarloaded snack decisions. Studies have shown that people who skip breakfast actually tend to consume more, not less, calories throughout the day.
2. Choose Whole Grains. Choose whole grains over "white" carbs and you'll regulate your blood sugar and feel fuller longer, both of which will keep your appetite in check.
3. Just dropping the sugar from your diet can help you lose weight quickly. Make sure that you stay away from it all together if you want to lose weight quickly. This means no sugar in your coffee, on your cereals, or eating that candy bar! Cut the carbs from your diet. Carbohydrates turn into sugar inside our body's and makes you hold onto body weight and fat. Omitting carbs from your diet can help you drastically drop the unwanted pounds. These days there are many alternatives to diets without carbs that are tasty and nutritious.
4. You're changing your food habits, even for the better. Take a once-a-day multivitamin and 500 mg of calcium (at separate times, since the calcium interferes with other mineral absorption in the vitamin.) natural weight loss and keeping it off by improving what and how you eat is a great health boost, and making sure you don't run short of micronutrients in the process only adds to the benefits you experience.
5. Drink water throughout the day, every day. A good indication of how much water your body needs is the following simple sum: Divide your weight in pounds by two. The outcome is the amount in ounces of water that your body requires each day. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, aim for 75 ounces of water a day. If you do not like the taste (or the lack thereof) of water, you can add slices of lemon or make your own iced tea with nice fruity herbal teas. Celestial Seasonings has all-herbal variations that are great for making iced teas. It is important to have herbal tea, and not regular tea, because regular tea contains ingredients like caffeine (which depletes the body of water).
6. Eating more fiber each day will help to increase weight loss. Include whole grains, raw vegetables, slightly cooked vegetables, fruits, fiber enriched cereals, whole wheat pasta, beans, etc. In the beginning if you eat to much fiber you may experience bloating, cramps and gas, so do it gradually day by day. Also increase the amount of water you drink as it helps your body to digest the fiber more efficiently.